Membership of the European Chamber of Commerce Taiwan
provides a number of services and benefits:
Networking & Business Opportunities
Through the ECCT's 29 industry and support committees and almost 300 business and social activities annually, ECCT members are presented with numerous opportunities to network with peers, to exchange views and experiences and to keep up to date with socio-economic developments in Taiwan and the region.
The ECCT has a successful track record in promoting the business interests of European Commerce through advocating all levels of the ROC government on a wide variety of business issues such as tax reform, labour standards laws, improved harbour administration and entry-exit regulations. The ECCT's advocacy initiatives bring issues, which have an impact not only on European interests in Taiwan, but also Taiwan's economy and society, to the attention of the ROC government. The ECCT frequently provides opportunities for members to meet with government officials, NGOs and the European Commission.
Through regular committee activities, meetings with government officials and the formulation of Position Papers, the ECCT works with Taiwan's political and business leaders to ensure that conditions for European businesses in Taiwan continue to improve. The ECCT also visits the European Commission in Brussels during the annual "Open Door Mission" to advocate for European business interests in Taiwan and to ensure that Taiwan receives the attention it deserves in Europe. In addition, through its WTO committee, the ECCT plays an important role in monitoring the ROC's commitments to its WTO agreements.
Information & Communication
Besides frequent email and telephone contact informing members of regular and special activities, the ECCT electronically distributes a bi-weekly Newsflash and publishes a bi-monthly magazine, Euroview, both available to members free of charge. In addition, the ECCT cooperates with leading research, financial and investment corporations to produce special reports. Examples in recent years include the ECCT-CLSA Cross-Straits Business Normalisation Impact Study, the ECCT_KPMG Comparative Study on Taiwan's Taxation Climate & Competitiveness and The new Taipei: A competitive city on the edge of Asia. The Newsflash keeps members updated on ECCT committee activities, social events and schedules as well as pertinent legislative, regulatory and economic issues.
Euroview magazine provides in-depth articles on economic and business issues relevant to the European business community in Taiwan. In addition to regular communication with members, the ECCT also keeps the public informed of its activities, positions and policies through frequent contact with a variety of media organizations.
Social & Community Activities
The ECCT provides a myriad of activities for members to socialise such as wine-tasting dinners, golf tournaments and the annual ECCT Gala Ball. The ECCT is also active in supporting the community in Taiwan, co-hosting events such as the annual ECCT-ICRT Charity Golf Cup, which raises funds for the Community Services Center.
Additional Benefit Programme
The ECCT offers a number of special benefits exclusively to its members. The speedy check-in service at the Taoyuan International airport allows members to make use of the courtesy channel at immigration. The ECCT also provides irregular ECCT member-only offers such as seasonal airline fares etc. thanks to the wide range of services offered by our members.
Grand Hyatt Taipei
Period: from now on to 2021/12/30
Special offer: 15% off on food and beverage consumption applicable in the following restaurants -
- Bel Air
- Ziga Zaga
- Yun Jin
- Pearl Liang
- Cha Lounge
- Baguette (selected products)
Visit Grand Hyatt Taipei website for more introduction to dining at Grand Hyatt Taipei .
Ts & Cs apply.
Innovators Club powered by EveriiiONE
Period: from now on to 2021/12/31
Exclusive fast-track access to the Innovators Club
- ECCT x EveriiiONE bringing together the communities of global corporates and startups
- Enjoy exclusive fast-track access to the invite-only corporate innovation club - The Innovators Club - where we bring innovators in Asia all in one place
- Jumpstart your innovation journey with specially curated events, communications and exposure.
How to apply:
- Please inform the company name when ECCT members reach out to Mr Vincent Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and invitation.
Ts & Cs apply.
My Taiwan Tour
Period: From now on to 2021/12/31
My Taiwan Tour One-day tour discount:
- 10% discount for all one-day tours with promotion code "ECCTMTT"
- Please book the tours via www.mytaiwantour.com and read full terms and conditions prior to booking.
Mandarin Oriental, Taipei
Period: From now on to 2021/12/30
// Dining Programme //
15% off on food and beverage consumption applicable at:
- Café Un Deux Trois (lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) – temporarily closed
- Bencotto (lunch and dinner)
- M.O. Bar (Not applied for Happy Hour promotion)
- Jade Lounge
Please contact with the Membership staff to issue your certificate of Membership with ECCT stamp and present the printed certificate along with your personal ID with photo to the restaurant staff before your order.
Visit Mandarin Oriental, Taipei website for the introduction to fine dining.
Ts & Cs:
- Black-out Dates:
2020: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (12/24~12/25), New Year's Eve (12/31)
2021: New Year's Day (1/1)、Chinese New Year Holiday (2/11~2/16)、Mother's Day (5/8~5/9)、Father's Day (8/7~8/8)、Chinese Valentine's Day (8/14~8/15)、Christmas Holiday (12/24~12/26)
- Members have to be proactively present hard copy of membership certificate attached personal ID with photo to get the offer. The discount offer will not be given if guests do not present hard copy of membership certificate and personal ID when settling the payment.
- Discount offer is valid for up to 20 people.
- 15% off will not be applicable on breakfast, service charge, take-out items, festival hampers, room service, special food promotions, guest chef events, private dining room and group buyout events.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with other promotions, vouchers, and banquet or meeting packages.
RSL Cold & Hot Springs Resort Suao
Period: from now on to 2021/12/31
Special room rate programme:
- Discounted rates extended over ECCT Members without paying additional Service Charges.
- Room Upgrade to Japanese Style_Dual Bath with compliment during weekdays.
- Rates unveiled are inclusive of in-room high speed internet access for wired or wireless.
- Daily newspaper, imported mineral water and flip-flops as free offerings.
- Free parking and Bicycle reserved for guest's usage.
- Use for our fully equipped Fitness Center, steam room, in-door SPA and out-door swimming pool.
- Free Ground Transport between LuoDong Transit Stop, Suao Railway Station and Hotel on fixed schedule.
Visit RSL Resort Suao website for more information.
The above offers can be booked with Promo Code (促銷代碼) 2021-ECCT-Benefit via the official website reservation
Ts & Cs apply.
Membership Rights & Benefits Chart
ECCT Membership & Events Supervisor
Membership & Events Supervisor
Tel: 886-2-2740-0236 ext 214