LCI New Member: National Chung Hsing University 國立中興大學
National Chung Hsing University is located in the south of Taichung City with an area of approximately 53 hectares. The main campus contains the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the College of Science, the College of Engineering, the College of Life Sciences, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Management, the College of Law and Politics, and the School of Innovation and Industry Liaison. The university owns four experimental forest stations located respectively in New Taipei City (Wenshan Forest Station), Nantou County (Huisun Forest Station), Taichung City (Tungshih Forest Station), and Tainan City (Hsinhua Forest Station). It also owns two experimental farms located at Wufeng and Wujih in Taichung City and a Horticultural Experiment Station located at Renai in Nantou County.
The first and the best in Taiwan
- We are the first in Taiwan to have developed the transgenic papaya plants resistant to Papaya ringspot virus.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have created a generation of transgenic rabbits carrying human hepatitis B surface antigen gene.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have cloned a rabbit by using blastomere transfer.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have develped the research on genetic diversity of Colocasia and Xanthosoma.
- We own the first Taiwan native chicken research center (since 1982).
- We are the first to have been awarded the license for producing the chromium lactoferrin complex (Gala chrome, GT&F milk), which is effective in reducing blood sugar.
- We own the first computerized image-treating fish counters.
- We are the first to have established a teaching resource center for agriculture and marine biotechnology.
Ourin Taiwan and has been recognized as the “Incubator of the Year” for 4 years by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- We are the first to have established a fermentation pilot plant for the development of microbial biopesticides and plant disease control.
- We own the first Varian Unity Inova 800 MHz NMR.
- We own the best automatic equipments and technology to support biotechnological research and industry.
- We are the first to have established a 3D campus guiding system.
- We are the first to own a microtensile machine for measuring the mechanical properties of micro-nano scale thin films.
- We are the first to be equipped with an energy-filtered transmission electron microscope.
- We have the DGD English-Learning Website, which is the first university website to offer English tests and English-learning programs on a grand scale.
The only one in Taiwan
- We are the only university that has the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- We are the only university that has an equine reproduction program.
- We are the first and the only university to have established the Graduate Institute of Electronic Commerce.
- We own the only building, the Civil and Environmental Engineering Building, which has a vibration monitoring system to record lots of valuable major earthquake signals.
- We own the onlylaboratory to investigate hydrogen production by cyanobacteria.
- We own the onlylaboratory to isolate denitrifying polyphosphate-accumulating bacteria and investigate their phosphorous removing mechanism.
- We own the only native chicken genetic resource and conservation center.
- We own the only Debris Flow Disaster Mitigation and Information Center.
- We own the only microbial fermentation pilot plant to explore industrial uses of microbial biotechniques for plant disease control.
- We own the only grape research center.
- We own the unique analysis center to work on analyzing enzyme, dioxins and heavy metals in feeds.
- We own the only soil survey and testing center.
- We own the only agricultural extension center.
- We are the only university to have established the Center for Diagnosis of Animal Disease.
- We own the only Four-Sector Tandem Mass Spectrometer.
- We own the only chip design center, Meng-Yao Chip Center, which possesses a complete listof 25-million-US-dollar Electronics Design Automation (EDA) tools and hardware.
For more information, please visit: https://www.nchu.edu.tw/index1.php