Top
  /  LCI   /  New Member   /  LCI New Member: Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan 台灣日立電網股份有限公司

LCI New Member: Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan 台灣日立電網股份有限公司

-

Hitachi Power Grids is global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. The new company, a joint venture company which Hitachi holds a 80.1% stake, while ABB holds the remaining 19.9% stake. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values. It is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.

Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan, a fully owned subsidiary of Hitachi Power Grids AG, employing 100 employees across 3 cities in Taiwan. Undertake ABB’s past 32 years presence in Taiwan, Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan plays a role as a bridge to link local industries with Hitachi and ABB global resource. Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan develops customized and localized solutions, sets industry benchmark while serving customers as diverse as semiconductor, 3C, petrochemical, oil & gas, utilities, renewable energy, metal, pulp & paper, building automation...etc.

Key business opportunities in energy/grids industry would be a large-scale installation of renewable energy, grid upgrade, hydropower revamping and substation digitalization projects. Government targets 2025 energy transformation target (20% renewable energy). Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan involved in Offshore wind power and Solar power installation projects in Taiwan.

In short, a sustainable, smart, strong and reliable power system is set as country objective. And Hitachi Power Grids Taiwan speeds up Taiwan’s new technology adoption such as decentralized power system, smart grid, renewables integration, digital substation, energy storage and energy efficiency.
For more information, please visit: https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/tw/zh_tw