ECCT trip to Thailand
The visit coincided with several important TEBA activities, in which the ECCT delegation participated.
On the first day of the trip, the delegation met with representatives of the Thai Alcohol Beverage Business Association (TABBA).
On the second day of the visit the ECCT delegation held a series of meetings with their counterparts from TEBA's board of directors, secretariat and working groups (the equivalent of the ECCT's committees) to exchange ideas with their industry counterparts, talk about business developments in their respective industries and regulatory issues in Thailand. In particular, participants were briefed on Thailand's business climate and banking and financial services environment.
On the morning of 23 April, delegates took part in TEBA's monthly breakfast briefing on the subject of energy. At the meeting TEBA gave a presentation on energy in Thailand while ECCT Chairman Bernd Barkey gave a presentation on the ECCT's Low Carbon Initiative.
On the afternoon of 23 April, delegates attended an automotive workshop: the World Class Automotive Supplier Workshop (WCAS) on the subject "Lean Manufacturing: East meets West". The agenda of the workshop included a welcoming speech by TEBA Vice President Jeorg Laatsch, an opening speech by the president of the Thailand Automotive Institute, a keynote speech by the Project/Launch Manager of Continental and several presentations, including one by ECCT Chairman Barkey on Taiwan's Automotive industry.
On the final day of the trip, the delegation paid a courtesy visit to the EU Delegation in Thailand.
The trip provided delegates with an update on the regulatory environment in Thailand and the business opportunities given Thailand's large, youthful population and rising middle class.
- Bernd Barkey, ECCT Chairman & Managing Director, Robert Bosch Taiwan
- Freddie Hoeglund, ECCT CEO
- Giuseppe Izzo, ECCT Vice Chairman & General Manager, STMicroelectronics
- Olivier Rousselet, ECCT Vice Chairman and Treasurer & Country Manager, BNP Paribas Taiwan
- Helmut Bolt, ECCT Director & Chief Representative, ThyssenKrupp AG Taiwan
- Marcus Clinch, Chairperson, ECCT Beverage Alcohol committee & Of Counsel, Eiger Law
- Thanakorn Kuptajit, President, TABBA & Corporate Relations Director, Diageo Moët Hennessy Thailand
- Plangsit Suttapreyasri, Corporate Affairs Manager, TABBA
- Shutchada Chandrangsu, CSR & Communications Manager, Diageo Moët Hennessy Thailand
- Joerg Laatsch, TEBA Vice President / Vice President, Continental
- Dr Chaiyang Savanachai, TEBA Director
- Hugh Vanijprabha, TEBA Director / Managing Director, Rolls Royce Thailand
- Guil Silva, Managing Director, Head of Markets and Treasurer, Thailand, HSBC
- Segsarn Trai-Ukos, Country Director, Thailand, Michelin
- Joseph Hong, Managing Director, Robert Bosch, Thailand
- Jan Lembas, Director, CzechTrade Bangkok
- Alba Morón, International Programmes Directorate, Spain's National Innovation Agency
- Laverne S Taypin, International Sales Manager, AsiaBiz
- Thomas E Fernandez, Logistics and Consulting, Fair & Easy
- Kampol Peetz, Sales Manager, Hexagon Metrology Thailand
- Pekka Pentilla, Trade and Economic Attaché
- Madeleine Kilberg, First Counsellor, Trade and Economic Section
- Chet Suksang, Trade and Economic Officer