2018 EU-Taiwan Circular Economy International Conference 環保署2018循環經濟國際研討會
Topics: Plastics, WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), Construction and Demolition Waste
Organizers: Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), EETO, ECCT Low Carbon Initiative (LCI)
Circular Economy is reshaping the future by turning waste into renewable resources. Ranking the world's 3rd highest recycling rates, Taiwan aims at transforming itself into a circular economy hub in Asia.
Taiwan's EPA is working together with EETO and ECCT on 2018 EU-Taiwan Circular Economy Conference to foster international cooperation, addressing the needs of industries in Europe and Taiwan, as well as offer novel solutions for waste management.
The conference, focusing on three aspects: Plastics, WEEE, and Construction Demolition, will hold respectively in Taipei on 4 June and Tainan on 6 June where policy makers, clusters, industrial experts, NGOs from Europe and Taiwan around 200 to 300 delegates will meet and discuss the latest development in three major topics above-mentioned.
The two-day conference welcomes participants associated or interested in circular economy or any of the topics that will be discussed.
Guests of honor:
- Mr Antti Peltomaki, Deputy Director General, DG GROW, European Commission
- Dr LEE Yin-Yuan, Minister, EPA, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Ms Madeleine Majorenko, Head of EETO
- Mr Hakan Cervell, Chairman, ECCT
- Mr Richard Northcote, Chief Sustainability Officer, Covestro
- Mr Thanindra Virasrume, Head of Purchasing, IKEA TAiwan
- Mr Eric Yu, GM, Philips Lighting Taiwan and Global VP
- Ms Sabrina Schmidt-Koschella. Deputy Director-General, German Institute Taipei