EU-Taiwan Seminar on Geographical Indications
2019 EU-Taiwan Seminar on Geographical Indications | 20 March 2019
2019臺歐地理標示研討會 | 2019年3月20日
Venue: 3F, International Conference Room, GIS MOTC Convention Center (24, Section 1, Hangzhou South Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei)
地點: 集思交通部會議中心3樓國際會議廳 (台北市中正區杭州南路一段24號)
The production of agricultural products is often associated with the geographical environment. In order to protect the production and characteristics of high-quality agricultural products and food in a specific place, there is a development of the geographical indication systems in the world. WTO members also have the obligation to protect geographical indications. The European Union applies the Protected Appellation of Origin (PDO) and Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) systems to ensure that consumers buy genuine products of origin; in Taiwan, Geographical Certification Marks and Collective Trademarks in the Trademark Act protect products with local characteristics.
The European Economic and Trade Office (EETO) and the Intellectual Property Office, Ministry of Economic Affairs will host the EU-Taiwan Seminar on Geographical Indications on 20 March with the aim to introduce the development of geographical indication systems, as well as the controls and enforcement of GIs in the EU and Taiwan.
- Date:Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 9:00-18:00
- Venue:3F, International Conference Room, GIS MOTC Convention Center(No. 24, Section 1, Hangzhou South Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City)
- Organizers:Intellectual Property Office (TIPO), MOEAEuropean Economic and Trade Office (EETO)
- Language:English and Chinese (Simultaneous interpretation equipment is available with photo ID.
- Event Registration:The seminar is free of charge with online registration. Please register directly on the online registration web page https://goo.gl/forms/7Fm218dXJ4iw5eZI3. Participants are kindly requested to register by 11 March 2019. The organizers reserve the right to bring forward or postpone the registration deadline. Successful candidates will receive a notification a week before the event.
- Contact Person:ECCT – Ms HSIAO | 02-2740-0236#226 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminar Agenda link 議程連結: https://bit.ly/2IQIjmn (The organizers reserve the right to change the agenda and speakers.)
*Please register the seminar on the seminar web page. Any registration made on ECCT's website is invalid.