[New Dates: 12-13 Oct.] ECCT-GWEC 2020 Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan 全球離岸風電產業高峰會-台灣 2020
Global Offshore Wind Summit - Taiwan | 12-13 April 2020
全球離岸風電產業高峰會-台灣 | 2020年10月12日至13日
Venue: Hua Nan Financial Holdings headquarter (No. 123, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan)
Members of ECCT/ GWEC are privileged to get 10% off all ticket prices. 凡 ECCT 和 GWEC 會員均可享本活動報名費九折優惠。
Members of ECCT LCI are privileged to get 1 free ticket and 50% off discount for the following tickets. 凡 ECCT LCI 會員均可享本活動一張免費門票、第二張門票起五折優惠。
Please contact Ms Cindy Ke (ECCT Member) <firstname.lastname@example.org> & Mr Raveen Singh (GWEC Member) <email@example.com> to receive the discount code. 請聯繫 Cindy Ke (ECCT Member) & Raveen Singh (GWEC Member) 取得會員折扣碼。
ECCT's LCI and GWEC to hold second annual Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan in October 2020
- The second annual Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan (GOWST) will be held on the 12-13 Oct. 2020 in Taipei.
- With a current target in place for 5.7GW of offshore wind capacity by 2025, Taiwan’s President Tsai on 12 Nov. announced that Taiwan plans to add an additional 10GW of capacity between 2026 and 2035, thereby doubling their current target.
- GWEC Market Intelligence forecasts that Taiwan is set to become the second largest offshore wind market in Asia, with over 15GW of offshore wind capacity expected to be added over the next ten years.
- Taiwan serves to benefit greatly from a booming offshore market to stimulate the local economy, creating green jobs, investment in local infrastructure, and becoming an export hub for the growing offshore industry.
Taipei, 15 November 2019 – Following the success of 2019 event, the second annual Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan will take place on 12-13 Oct. 2020 at Hua Nan Financial Holdings Conf. Centre in Taipei. Organised by the European Chamber of Commerce Taiwan – Low Carbon Initiative (ECCT-LCI) and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), this official industry event will be co-organised by the Taiwan International Ports Corporation (TIPC) and endorsed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA).
“As Taiwan’s first large-scale offshore wind farm starts operations in 2019, we are about to see the real benefits of offshore wind energy in terms of renewable energy generation and the resulting reduction in carbon emissions and pollution. It marks a significant step in Taiwan’s energy transition away from fossil fuels towards clean energy and proof of concept of Taiwan’s great potential to develop into one of the world's largest offshore wind markets. Following the outstanding success of the 2019 summit, the 2020 summit will serve to highlight the remaining regulatory, financial and logistical hurdles that need to be overcome to speed up the roll-out of wind energy infrastructure and secure Taiwan's reputation as a global renewable energy leader,” says Freddie Höglund, CEO of the European Chamber of Commerce Taiwan.
“Despite concerns earlier this year regarding proposed changes to the Feed in Tariff (FiT) for offshore wind, government support for this burgeoning industry is stronger than ever following last week’s announcement by President Tsai Ing-wen to add an additional 10GW of capacity between 2026 and 2035. The global wind industry has its sights set on Taiwan to be the next big offshore wind market, and this event is the ideal platform to bring developers, OEMs, investors, port authorities, supply chain stakeholders and policymakers together to discuss how we can achieve this 10GW goal while creating local economic opportunities”, says Ben Backwell, CEO of GWEC.
This three-day event will address the current challenges and opportunities for Taiwan’s offshore wind market while exploring how Taiwan’s experience of building an offshore wind market can be used in the global context. The programme includes a visit to the Formosa Offshore Wind Farm and TIPC Ports Facilities, a first-class conference programme featuring a CEO Forum, Mayor’s Session and High-Level Finance Forum as well as technical sessions to highlight the latest technology development in the industry.
- Day 1 (12 Oct.)
8:30 – 18:00 | Global Offshore Wind Summit Taiwan Conference
- Asia in Focus: Emerging Asian Offshore Markets
- CEO Forum: Developing Asian’s Offshore Wind Industry
- Building Taiwan’s Offshore Wind Industry: Local Supply Chain, Infrastructure, and Manpower
- Technical Sessions:
1. Offshore Wind Turbine Technology (Anti-Typhoon and Earthquake Design) and the Optimization of the Electricity Output
2. Underwater Structure and Construction
3. Offshore Vessels and the Entrants of the Players in the Oil and Gas Industry
4. Building local Supply Chain in Taiwan
5. Standardization, Certification and Training Needs in Offshore Wind
6. Offshore Wind Assessment, Siting and Marine Water Condition Survey
7. Grid Integration and Grid-Related Technologies including Digitalisation
8. Emerging Offshore Markets and Floating Foundations
- Day 2 (13 Oct.)
9:00 – 12:00 | Global Offshore Wind Summit Taiwan Conference
- Mayor Session: Building Offshore Wind Industry Ecosystem at City level
- Building a Sustainable and Cost-Effective Port Facilities and Knowledge Sharing Between Taiwan and European Counterparts on Ports Planning and Managements
- High-Level Finance Forum
To be the sponsor of 2020 GOWST, please contact ECCT Low Carbon Initiative (LCI) at the following:
- LCI Director Ms Sammy Su | firstname.lastname@example.org | +886-955-276-998
- LCI Officer Ms Cindy Ke | email@example.com | +886-2-2740-0236*229
* REGISTER HERE 活動報名請按此! Any registration made on ECCT's website is invalid.